When a notification is pending, NAO emits a small sound and his Status LEDs blink once in a while.
Blinking status LEDs
The color indicates the severity of the notification:
- green info : feed-back about an ongoing action,
- yellow warning : an issue requires your attention and/or action (ex: battery fully charged, updated app, rising temperature in a joint).
The robot is still usable but, it may either run in a degraded mode in which some features may be not available or it may soon become unusable if you don’t solve the problem.
- red error : at least one functionality became unusable (ex: battery discharged, sensor error, joint too hot, etc...).
Got to these links to have a list of the existing notifications:
Reading IP address and notifications
To get NAO's or PEPPER's IP address and read notifications:
Press the chest button once, as a result:
- the robot says its name and IP address,
- if the Status LEDs were blinking, the robot reads the pending notifications.
Optionally: press again the Chest Button to skip a message. While the robot is saying its IP address or a notification message, pressing again interrupts the current message and jumps to the next one, if any.