Recording the sound the microphones pick up is a way to know if the microphones work properly.
Use Choregraphe to record sounds with the microphones.
You will be able to choose which microphones you want to record sound from :
- the front head microphones only (A & B),
- or the front and rear microphones (A, B, C & D).
Once the recording process is done, play back the recording and check that :
- the microphones pick up sounds,
- the sound quality is good.
What you need:
- a robot,
- Choregraphe (make sure the version of Choregraphe is compatible with your computer and with the robot's NAOqi version),
- a computer connected to the same network as the robot.
- In the box libraries, go to Multimedia -> Sound -> Record Sound to display the Record Sound box.
- Drag the Record Sound box and drop it in the grey area.
- Click the starting point to the left and hold your mouse to link to the Record Sound box starting point.
- It creates a connection string.
- Click the wrench icon to display the box parameters.
- Choose a name for the recording.
- In Microphones used, select "Front, sides and rear microphones (.wav)" to select the four microphones.
- Uncheck the "Temporary storage" box.
- Set the record length in "Timeout".
Note: By default, the value is set to 5 seconds.
- Click Play button in the navigation bar to start the recording process.
- When the recording process is done, a message appears on the output of the "Record Sound" box. That message is the file location.
- To access the file of the recording, click :
Connection -> Advanced -> File Transfer...
- A popup appears.
- Fill in the robot's password.
- A Files transfer window opens.
- Double click on recordings.
- Then, double click on microphones.
- Select the recording and click Download.
- Choose the destination to save the file on your computer.
- Click Quit to close the FTP Files Transfer window.
- Go to the chosen destination and play back the recording.