Cannot connect NAO to Aldebaran account

Posted about 1 year ago by Alexa Berto

Post a topic
Un Answered
A
Alexa Berto

Hi,

A robot that arrived from the repair, has not been able to connect to the aldebaran account for weeks. We have tried different internet connections but the message we get is always the same:

I don't know what else to do, I don't know if it's the robot's problem, I don't think it's our connection because we have tried different ones.
It's a V5 NAO.
Help and thank you very much.

4 Votes

13 Comments

Sorted by
A

Andrej Rolih posted 1 day ago

@Bubneuman: Thank you for that. Works nicely on my Nao. Any chance of getting any other apps that were available as well? Or a basic channel for Pepper - which is suffering the same unsupported fate as Nao.

0 Votes

B

Bubneuman posted 14 days ago

NAO V5 Basic Channel

@andrej rolih Here is the link to purchase the guide + the files for the installation. 

0 Votes

A

Andrej Rolih posted 30 days ago

@Bubneuman - can you also offer that as a purchasable guide instead? I would love to get that for my robot, but I don't want to ship it somewhere.

1 Votes

B

Bubneuman posted about 1 month ago

Jeffrey. curless We ended up figuring out how to get into the robot’s ssh and now he runs Aldebaran’s Basic Channel as if he was connected to the cloud services but not quite. Well the applications inside are the exact same you just can’t add more from the store. Here is the link below.

https://www.robotechedu.org/product-page/nao-original-aldebaran-basic-channel-installation-service-v4-v5-only

0 Votes

J

Jeffrey. curless posted about 1 month ago

I actually got it to work with python 2 and the API.  Had to setup a ubuntu 14. something version to get the API to load etc, but it was working.  My plan had been to connect it to ChatGPT, and using voice recognition, have it generate a query for a story (something like "Nao tell me a story about two children waking the woods"... and have it tell the story from by sending that off to ChatGPT... the issue I was having is the different versions of python, and trying to make things work by loading up *old* versions of software.

Just not worth it I think.

0 Votes

A

Andrej Rolih posted about 1 month ago

Yeah, I had the same experience with a used Nao that I just got. Asked support if I can somehow get access to the app store for it and the answer was that only Nao 6 is supported. They could at least give access to the basic channel so the robot could do something. I got it mostly for experimenting with programming anyways, but at least collecting some of the old apps would be nice.

0 Votes

B

Bubneuman posted about 1 month ago

Jeffrey. curless I 100% agree. Its frustrating when you spend thousands and thousands of dollars on these robots only for them to tell you, you must buy the newest model to connect it to the cloud. Who has $14,000 to spend everytime a new NAO comes out? How long before the V6 will no longer connect to the cloud? I should only have to spend that kind of money once. It is very frustrating as a customer to have to deal with this. What about all of the schools that invest this kind of money into their products?

0 Votes

J

Jeffrey. curless posted about 2 months ago

Bubneuman, this is exactly what I have found.  How can I justify such a large expense for my classroom, when they will not support their own products?  The one I currently have had a tragic accident and is now dead, While it was a fun piece of tech, so many issues make it not worth fixing, including the lack of support from the manufacturer.

Updates to support Python 3 would be very welcome,

1 Votes

B

Bubneuman posted about 2 months ago

They will tell you there is nothing they can do. They no longer support the V5 and will refuse to connect it to your account.

1 Votes

J

Juan Carlo Horna posted 7 months ago

Hello There. This is a common known issue. The only work around is to open a support ticket with Aldebaran and ask them to manuelly reconnect your NAO V5 in your store account. Be ready to provide Head & Body ID. It takes a couple of days and they do it. After this you will be able to connect again your NAO to the account on the NAO web interface.

0 Votes

J

Jeffrey. curless posted 9 months ago

I am having this exact problem (Without the trip to repair).  Attempting to bring the robot back to life, and I cannot get the connection established... any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Votes

V

Vikchicago posted 11 months ago

Did you find out  anything?

0 Votes

V

Vikchicago posted 11 months ago

Did you find out  anything?

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment