This page provides detailed information about the Robot Screen.
- Navigating the Robot Screen
- Head Screen Menu
- Using Robot Screen
- Editing Nodes on Robot Screen
- Connecting to Intera Studio
- Disabling E-Stop
Navigating the Robot Screen
On power up, after the robot wakes, the current task is loaded automatically. To navigate through the robot screen use the navigator button, back button, and Rethink Robotics button on either of the robot's navigators.
The task name appears on the left hand panel on the screen.
The right hand side of the robot screen is the task Behavior Tree.
Active Tool Tip
The bottom left hand corner of the screen shows the current active tool.
Joint Position Indicators
The Joint position indicators found on the right side of the screen to determine the rotational position of the joints. The White dot in the grey box indicates its current position and the center notch indicates the joint's midpoint. If a joint reaches a joint limit the affected joint will pulse Red on the Joint Indicator.
Head Screen Menu
The Head Screen Menu is the main menu for system navigation on the robot's user interface.
Press the Rethink Robotics Button on either navigator to pull up the menu and use the scroll knob to navigate through the options.
Using Robot Screen
Click the links below to view tutorials on using the Robot Screen and Train by Demonstration to create and build tasks.
The robot screen can be used to add any of the available nodes to the active task's behavior tree.
Often referred to as "train by demonstration," the Robot Screen can be used to create pick and place actions for the robot to perform.
The Robot Screen can also be used to create pick and place patterns for the robot to perform.
Editing Nodes on Robot Screen
- Modify a Move To Node
- Edit a Wait Node
- Edit a Conditional
- Edit a Set To Node
- Edit a Service
- Copy-Cut-Paste-Delete Nodes
Connecting to Intera Studio
- Press the Rethink button on Sawyer to display the Head Screen Menu.
- Scroll to Info and select it to display the Info Box.
- This screen provides useful information about the Sawyer Robot, including IP Address, Serial Numbers, and S/W version.
- From a Google Chrome browser, enter the IP address, followed by :3000, which is the port number.
- Intera Studio is displayed in the browser window.
- Before control is granted to the PC connected in Intera Studio through the web browser, access must granted from the Robot screen. When first attempting an action in Intera Studio that requires control, a pop up in Intera studio will display, or control may be requested by clicking the robot icon in the bottom right of the screen.
- Select OK on Intera Studio
- A pop-up will then display on the Robot screen.
- Select Grant to enable communication from the Intera Studio and the Robot.
When the E-STOP button is pressed, the robot arm will lose all power and brakes located in the J1, J2 and J3 joint will engage, keeping the arm from falling. The below picture will appear on the Robot Screen, informing the user that the E-STOP has been enabled:
In order to re-enable the arm, the E-STOP button must be disengaged by turning the red E-STOP button clockwise, until it clicks. Once this is done, the Robot Screen will change to this image:
Press the OKAY button on either navigator to re-enable power to the arm. Shortly after pressing the OKAY button, the arm will re-engage and the robot can be put back to work.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article